10. A notebook, pencil, and paper for your child. If they have a Wii, I’m sure you can spare some change for these items.
9. Dress your young ladies, like young ladies. I don’t need to see your child’s cleavage or half of her butt.
8. Make sure your child is on time for school. You are setting up bad habits for life when they are consistently late.
7. Make sure your child is in school every day! A 1 week family vacation during the school year is not recommended for a failing student.
6. Discipline your child. If they do something wrong, there should be consequences.
5. Be the parent! You are not your child’s best friend! And no, you do not have to be the “cool” Mom or Dad.
4. Have your child READ at home. I do not have a magic wand, if they don’t read beyond the classroom, how will they become better readers?
3. RESPECT the teacher. If you call me a ” “b$#%&” at home, how do you think your child will treat me?
2. Stop blaming the teacher! Sometimes events are beyond the control of the teacher, but can be controlled by you and /or your child.
1. Make your child’s education a priority! Trust me, it will all pay off in the end.
Youtube version – Enjoy my video version! 🙂