I wrote this post in January 2011, but I believe it fits for the new school year as well! I think I will post them in my room near my desk as a reminder. Sometimes after a day with some of these kids, you forget your resolutions! 🙂 Have a wonderful 2011-2012!
I resolve to:
- treat all students fairly, regardless of race, gender, age, behavior, parent’s nasty attitude, desire to be educated, or lack of interest in learning
- believe that all children can learn, even if I have taught the same material 55 different ways.(It’s going to click at some point)
- stop using sarcasm as a disciplinary tool, no matter how effective it may seem.
- speak in a quiet, even,tone, even when yelling seems to be the best option. (It never is!)
- realize that I could be the only good thing that happens in a student’s day
- grade papers in a timely manner, even though their test scores may make me question my teaching ability.
- meet all deadlines, and if I’m late, don’t make any sorry excuses.
- not gossip about my colleagues, the students, administration,etc… (Especially with a new principal this year!)
- share with my colleagues, we are not in competition with each other. (Using a PLC, I have become so much better at sharing))
- use technology to engage my 21st century students
- continue to be passionate about my job, and if I’m not retire.:)
Are there any resolutions you would add?